Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week 4

Almost at the end of another week. I am realizing that I am going to have to really plan out the next few weeks of class, as I am getting ready to do a lot of traveling again. I leave for Atlanta on Monday and therefore am trying to get all my school work done today. I will be down there until Thursday, so need to get my posts done early this week as well. It seems anytime I leave Atlanta, I always get delayed and don't arrive home til after midnight. Looking ahead, I will be traveling and teaching until this class ends, so I need to start planning.
I haven't finished reading the article "Minds on Fire" so that is my next step. The posts this week seemed very easy for me to do. I like the LMS idea, and still feel that is the best option for taking my current classes on-line. Ning looks like it has potential but corporate policy will be the deciding factor. I think that because we are piloting a class with Blackboard, we will stay with Blackboard for the near future. We are already planning to offer 1 of our 11 courses online next year with the hopes to move about half of our titles to a virtual platform. This will save significant money for the company (though I will miss the frequent flier miles I am collecting).

No comments:

Post a Comment